Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bored, not superstitious

So a year or so ago (this was written in 2007) I wrote an I Ching hexagram generator.  It was pretty basic, drawing ascii hexagrams on a terminal, but it did account for moving lines and generate the correct hexagrams for those as well.  The code was not pretty, I was not happy with it.  Time to rewrite it and refresh my memory on python classes.  As of now, it only generates one hexagram.  The plan is to generate any necessary hexagrams and print them in to a proper window with wxpython along with a translation (thanks Wikipedia!).

And, yes, I’m painfully aware that the fortune file is languishing on my hard drive.  I did get the note cards together, just haven’t been bothered to provide attribution.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment