Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A big week

Some major progress was made this week.  I finally got around to familiarizing myself with manipulating logical volumes, disk-based virtual machines, and doing iptables chains by hand.  I won’t claim to be a master of LVM, Xen, or iptables, but I’ve got a pretty good working knowledge now.  Next week is going to be spent setting up BIND9, dhcp, ldap, and samba.  Then the big test: cloning the VMs to another box so I don’t have set the secondaries up manually.  I’m trying to document as I go along and test the documents out by following my own instructions.  This is really useful, as invariably stuff gets left out.  The page I posted the other day detailing the install of VMs needs to be edited already.
So, a big push next week to get some stuff installed and then I’m off for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment